Instead of settling for takeout, the team at Lofton Place Apartments in Fort Worth, Texas would like to suggest this delicious and nutritious alternative!
And, who doesn’t want to make breakfast absolutely delicious, much less nutritious? Well, you can get the best of both worlds with this recipe for Turkey Bacon and Egg Muffins. Made with eggs, mozzarella, bell peppers, spinach, and more, this recipe can supplement for your lack of morning meals, giving you the energy you need to truly tackle your day. To get started, take a look at the ingredients list and directions.
- Cooking spray
- 3 slices turkey bacon
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups chopped baby spinach
- 6 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook turkey bacon until crispy, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate, then crumble.
- Add onion and bell pepper to skillet and cook until soft, 5 minutes. Add spinach and cook until wilted, 2 minutes more.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs, milk, paprika, and garlic powder and season with salt and pepper. Fold in cooked vegetable mixture, turkey bacon, and mozzarella. Pour mixture into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake until cooked through and golden, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool, then store in the fridge in an airtight container until ready to eat.