We are officially at the point of the year when sweet treats are socially acceptable to eat anytime – even for breakfast! When you’re craving something rich and decadent to go with your morning coffee, nothing compares to a classic Coffee Cake. Interestingly, the coffee cake doesn’t typically include coffee flavoring – however, take one bite of this classic Coffee Cake recipe, and you’ll understand why it’s a natural complement to the deep, rich taste of hot coffee.
• 1 cup oil
• 2 eggs beaten
• 1 tsp vanilla
• 1 cup milk
• 1 cup sugar
• 3 cups flour
• 3 tsp baking powder
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
• 2 tsp cinnamon
• 1/3-1/2 cup butter, melted
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine oil, eggs, vanilla, and milk.
2. In a separate medium bowl, blend together sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. Combine egg mixture with flour mixture. Pour half the batter into a lightly greased 9x13” pan.
4. In a medium bowl, prepare streusel by combining brown sugar and cinnamon.
5. Sprinkle half of the streusel on top of the batter. Top with remaining batter and then sprinkle the remaining streusel on top.
6. Drizzle with melted butter (you can do less and use 1/3 cup butter or up to 1/2 cup butter).
7. Bake covered with foil at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25-30 minutes. Take off foil and bake an additional 10 minutes. Remove from oven and serve warm.
On the hunt for a new favorite recipe to add to your list of staples? The team at Lofton Place Apartments in Fort Worth, Texas encourages you to try your hand at this delicious option.