It can be difficult to stay on top of your vegetable intake. Let’s face it: a high number of us simply don’t eat as many vegetables as we should in a day, despite being aware of the numerous health benefits they provide. That’s why this recipe for Angel Hair Primavera Pasta is a lifesaver.
Filled with fresh veggies, this pasta dish is heartier than most, yet remains light enough to enjoy on the hottest of days. Plus, it’s vegetarian! Do something different for dinner and try this pasta tonight.
Angel Hair Primavera Pasta
• 12 oz. angel hair
• 2 c. broccoli florets
• 1 pt. cherry tomatoes (yellow and red)
• 1 (8-oz.) package baby bella mushrooms
• 1 15-oz. can artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
• 2 tsp. garlic powder
• Kosher salt
• Freshly ground black pepper
• 3/4 c. grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
• Sliced fresh basil, for serving
1. Preheat oven to 400°. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta water, and return to pot.
2. On a large baking sheet, toss broccoli, tomatoes, mushrooms, and artichoke hearts with oil and season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Roast until tender and caramelized, stirring once, 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Add vegetables to the pot along with Parmesan and 1/2 pasta water and, over low heat, stir vigorously to create a sauce. (Add more pasta water until you reach your desired consistency.)
4. Garnish with Parmesan and basil before serving.
Shake up your household menu – and put your fully equipped kitchen to use – with this easy-to-follow recipe, courtesy of Lofton Place Apartments in Fort Worth, Texas.