Preparing the perfect meal for your family can be a challenge—to say the least. With delightful recipe suggestions from Lofton Place Apartments in Fort Worth, Texas, you all are sure to eat well every day of the week!
If you want to prepare the perfect meal for your family this week, consider these Loaded Grilled Chicken Sandwiches. Whether you use a grill or hot range, it’s easy to make the perfect lunch with this dish. Top them with whatever you wish, but the recipe below specifically calls for pepper jack cheese, bacon, tomato, and coleslaw. The sky is the limit, though – as you can add spinach, blue cheese, or even guacamole! Take a peek at the ingredients and directions below.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, 4 ounces each
- 2 teaspoons Italian salad dressing mix
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- 4 ciabatta or Kaiser rolls, split
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 cooked bacon strips, halved
- 4 slices tomato
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound deli coleslaw (about 1 cup)
- Pound chicken with a meat mallet to flatten slightly. Sprinkle both sides with dressing mix.
- On a greased grill or skillet, cook chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165 degrees F.
- Place cheese on chicken; grill or heat, covered, 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Meanwhile, grill or heat rolls, cut side down, 1-2 minutes or until toasted.
- Mix mayonnaise and mustard; spread on roll tops. Layer roll bottoms with chicken, bacon, tomato, avocado, and coleslaw. Replace tops.