Boiled eggs are a crucial component of many salads, soups, and protein bowls. If you enjoy a lot of egg-based dishes, or you have a weakness for deviled eggs, you know the importance of boiling a perfectly smoothed, cooked-through egg every time. Cook them too quickly, and your egg won’t hold up as it should. Begin peeling while the egg is still warm, and you’ll end up with an uneven, crater-like egg white.
Fortunately, we’ve made it easy for you to boil the perfect egg every time. All you have to do is follow this simple recipe for boiled eggs that look as good as they taste.
• 1 dozen large eggs
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
1. Put the eggs in a large pot with a lid.
2. Pour cool water over the eggs until fully submerged and add the baking soda to the water. Put the pot over high heat and bring to a boil.
3. Once the water is at a rolling boil, turn off the heat and cover the pot with the lid.
4. Allow the eggs to sit in the hot water for the following times according to the desired doneness: 3 minutes for soft boiled; 6 minutes for medium-boiled; 12 minutes for hard-boiled.
5. Prepare a bowl of ice water. Transfer the cooked eggs to the ice water to cool completely before peeling.
Master the art of cooking by joining Lofton Place Apartments in Fort Worth, Texas in learning brand-new recipes. Not only will you impress your family and friends, but you will also enjoy a wider repertoire of culinary favorites.