Feeling stiff? If so, you might not be stretching your back and/or neck area enough. Regularly stretching the muscles, tendons, and ligaments that support the spine provides you with a ton of benefits. These include the overall reduction of muscles supporting the spine and an improved range of motion and overall mobility. Relieving tight muscles can also have a positive impact your mood! Try these simple stretches if you seek relief for mild back and neck pain.
• Start on the ground on all fours.
• With your big toes touching, spread your knees as far apart as they’ll go and sit your rear back onto your feet.
• Sit straight up with your arms extended above your head.
• On your next exhale, hinge at the waist and drop your upper body forward between your legs.
• Allow your forehead to touch the floor, your shoulders to spread, and your rear to sink back.
• Hold for at least 15 seconds.
• Sit sideways in a chair. Your right side should be resting against the back of the chair.
• Keeping your legs stationary, rotate your torso to the right, reaching for the back of the chair with your hands.
• Hold your upper body there, using your arms to stretch deeper and deeper as your muscles loosen.
• Hold for 10 seconds. Repeat 3 times on each side.
Behind the Back Neck Stretch
• Stand with your feet hip-distance apart, arms by your sides.
• Reach both hands behind your backside and hold onto your left wrist with your right hand.
• Use your right hand to gently straighten your left arm and pull it away from you slightly. To increase the stretch in your neck, slowly lower your right ear toward your shoulder.
• Stay here for 30 seconds and then switch sides.
Lofton Place Apartments in Fort Worth, Texas goes above and beyond to improve your daily lifestyle with our spacious floor plans, unparalleled amenities, and incomparable customer service. We hope that these tips will inform, educate, and ultimately provide you with a better way-of-life.